Supervisor Asbestos Removal Training
This course covers the outcomes required to supervise the removal process of friable and non-friable asbestos-containing materials (ACM). The unit Supervise Asbestos Removal – CPCCBC4051A includes planning for and supervising the removal process, including preparing the work area and the work site, using safe and compliant removal practices, maintaining safety procedures, and supervising the decontamination and removal of asbestos containing materials. This unit of competency is recognised by Skills Organisation and WorkSafe New Zealand as equivalent in knowledge and skills to the NZ Unit Standard 29767
Training is available in Auckland (St Johns), Christchurch (Middleton) and Wellington (Petone). Fibresafe NZ can also deliver in-house training by appointment.
Upon successful completion of this course students should:
- Have a clear understanding of the documentation required to carry out A & B Class Asbestos Removal, including Asbestos Removal Control Plans (ARCP), Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and other Health and Safety Risks associated with asbestos removal.
- Understand consultation with the asbestos assessor and asbestos removalists.
- Have the skills required to prepare the work site and work area for the removal of asbestos.
- Understand the requirements of overseeing the asbestos removal and decontamination processes
- Supervise and support team members
The White Card (Australia), SiteSafe (New Zealand), or other similar proprietary health and safety induction certification recognised in New Zealand; or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skills in health and safety in the construction industry.
All participants should bring with them a drivers license, and copy of certification mentioned.
- A written test combining multi-choice, true/false questions and some written answers.
- Practical assessment in our purpose-built simulation unit.
Price & Duration
$650.00 per person, excluding GST
2 Days 8:30am – 4:30pm