ITANZ Supervisor Asbestos Removal Training
NZQA Unit Standard 29767
This supervisor asbestos removal training course covers the outcomes required to supervise the removal process of friable and non-friable asbestos-containing materials (ACM). The unit standard 29767 Supervise Asbestos Removal course includes planning for and supervising the removal process, including preparing the work area and the work site, using safe and compliant removal practices, maintaining safety procedures, and supervising the decontamination and removal of asbestos containing materials.
This course is facilitated by ITANZ in association with IMPAC Services Ltd which is a NZQA registered and accredited PTE.
ITANZ is a NZQA approved sub-contractor of IMPAC Services Ltd for the delivery and assessment of NZQA unit standard 29767. IMPAC Services Ltd reports the credits to NZQA.
Training is available in Auckland (St Johns), Christchurch (Middleton) and Wellington (Petone). Fibresafe NZ can also deliver in-house training by appointment.
Price & Duration
$650.00 per person, excluding GST
1.5 Days 8:00am – 4:30pm / 8:00am – 1pm*
*The finish time of the Supervisor course can vary. We advise if booking flights that you allow for contingency time and that students advise tutors on the day.
Upon successful completion of this course students should:
- Have a clear understanding of the documentation required to carry out A & B Class asbestos removal, including Asbestos Removal Control Plans (ARCP), Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and other Health and Safety Risks associated with asbestos removal.
- Understand consultation with the asbestos assessor and asbestos removalists.
- Have the skills required to prepare the work site and work area for the removal of asbestos.
- Understand the requirements of overseeing the asbestos removal and decontamination processes
- Supervise and support team members
A White Card (Australia), SiteSafe, or ConstructSafe Identification must be shown or provided at time of booking the supervisor removal course unless arrangement is made.
Certification cannot be issued to anyone who does not provide these requirements.
The A Class asbestos removal course includes the following assessments:
- A guided written assessment.
- Practical assessment in our purpose-built simulation unit.
Why train with us?
For questions regarding Asbestos Licensing, the best place to look is on the Worksafe NZ website, as it’s Worksafe NZ who you apply to and who supplies the licenses.
To find all you need to know about asbestos licensing, click here.