IP402 - Surveying & Sampling Course
Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings
This British Occupational Hygiene Society IP402 surveying and sampling strategies for asbestos in buildings course aims to provide background and practical knowledge in the surveying of buildings for asbestos and to provide general guidance on management procedures necessary to minimise exposure to any identified asbestos.
Upon successful completion of this course students should:
- Have a clear understanding of the requirements relating to safe management of asbestos in buildings
- Be able to describe the uses of asbestos in buildings and the public health risks these might pose
- Understand the principles of and requirements for asbestos surveys, risk assessment and risk management strategies and their role in reducing health risks
- Have detailed knowledge of the approved methods for the sampling of ‘bulk asbestos’ along with situations where segregation might be required
- Have a good understanding of suitable PPE & RPE to be used and the methods for personal decontamination
Price & Duration
$2395.00 including GST
Online: flexible dates with fixed exam date arranged with tutor.
Classroom: 3 and a half day course.
It is now possible to complete your British Occupational Hygiene Society IP402 qualification from wherever you are.
- Comprehensive learning tools & lessons
- Save on travel and accommodation
- Keep to your current workload while learning
- Learning flexibility, learn at your own pace
- Support from our qualified tutors
For those who prefer to learn in a classroom setting, we offer the same excellent training but face to face with one of our qualified tutors.
Attending this IP402 surveying and sampling course requires additional study and reading outside of class times. Students are advised to make use of the pre-study tools provided by Fibresafe NZ & BOHS before course begins to improve chances of successful completion.
Online Study Requirements:
To study online requires participants to have reasonable computer skills and a computer with a webcam for meeting with the tutor online. There is a practical assessment that must be completed for this qualification and video evidence of this assessment must be completed to finish the course. Substitute tools are allowed for the purposes of completing the assessment, but not in the field!
There are three assessments involved when sitting the British Occupational Hygiene Society IP402 Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings qualification.
- Practical Assessment
- Written Practical Exam (2hrs)
- Written Theory Exam (2hrs)