March 16, 2020 @ 8:30 am – March 18, 2020 @ 4:30 pm
Air Monitoring, Clearance Inspections and Reoccupation Following Removal of Asbestos
The aim of this course is to provide students with an understanding of the techniques and processes involved in air sampling; an overview of asbestos removal work; the process of sign-off and reoccupation following removal works; and how to undertake this work in a safe manner.
Upon successful completion of this course students should:
- Be able to understand the scope of asbestos assessment work by undertaking a thorough review of the removal methodology.
- Be able to confirm by means of on-site inspections that removal has been undertaken in line with the methodology.
- Understand the risks/hazards associated with asbestos removal work, and to ensure that appropriate safety measures are in place – specifically in regard to cleanliness and decontamination.
- Be able to verify that work has been completed by means of thorough visual inspections and air testing within work areas.
- Understand the importance of communicating any findings and observations, and how to document these appropriately.
- Have an understanding of the limitations of the method, common issues that can arise and potential conflicts of interest.
Attending this course requires additional study and reading outside of class times.
Students are advised to make use of the pre-study tools provided by Fibresafe NZ & BOHS before course begins to improve chances of successful completion.