ITANZ NZQA B Class Non-Friable Asbestos Removal Training
NZQA Unit Standard 29765
This B Class friable asbestos removal training course aims to provide practical knowledge and techniques for the removal of B Class non-friable asbestos and asbestos-containing materials. Participants of this course gain NZQA Unit Standard 29765 upon successful completion. This course also covers the Asbestos Removal Control Plan (ARCP), Safe Working Method Statements (SWMS), Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and other Health and Safety Risks associated with Asbestos Removal.
This course is facilitated by ITANZ in association with IMPAC Services Ltd which is a NZQA registered and accredited PTE.
ITANZ is a NZQA approved sub-contractor of IMPAC Services Ltd for the delivery and assessment of NZQA unit standard 29765. IMPAC Services Ltd reports the credits to NZQA.
Training is available in Auckland (Penrose), Christchurch (Middleton) and Wellington (Petone, Lower Hutt). Fibresafe NZ can also deliver in-house training by appointment.
Price & Duration
$500.00 per person, excluding GST
1 Day 8:00am – 4:30pm
Upon successful completion of this course students should gain an understanding of:
- The documentation required to carry out B Class Asbestos Removal, including Asbestos Removal Control Plans (ARCP), Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and other Health and Safety Risks associated with asbestos removal.
- The skills required to prepare the work site and work area for the removal of B Class asbestos.
- Decontamination processes
- Requirements of asbestos enclosures and cleaning up the worksite
- How to contribute to and use documentation in line with New Zealand regulatory requirements
A White Card (Australia), SiteSafe, or ConstructSafe Identification must be shown or provided at time of booking the B Class removal course unless arrangement is made.
Certification cannot be issued to anyone who does not provide these requirements.
The A Class asbestos removal course includes the following assessments:
- A guided written assessment.
- Practical assessment in our purpose-built simulation unit.