ITANZ NZQA Asbestos Awareness Training for Workplaces, Trades, and Individuals
This NZQA accredited course is designed to reduce the amount of harm caused to those who may be exposed to asbestos-containing materials. The first step to minimising the risks posed with working with or around asbestos is being asbestos aware. This means knowing what potentially contains asbestos, what it is that makes asbestos hazardous to human health, and ways that you can work safely with or around asbestos-containing materials without causing harm to yourself or those around you.
Our courses include the practical use of PPE and asbestos abatement tools and procedures.
- Asbestos exposure standards, health effects, health surveillance and medical monitoring;
- Common products containing Asbestos;
- New Zealand Legislation and Regulations applicable to asbestos handling and removal;
- Identification, assessment and control of asbestos in buildings;
- Safe working procedures including the correct wearing, maintenance and use of PPE/RPE;
- Decontamination procedures; and
- Storing Labeling and disposal of Asbestos waste.
Price & Duration:
ITANZ NZQA Unit Standards 30596 included
$250.00 excluding GST
Unit Standards not included
$175.00 excluding GST
Duration: half day (8am-12pm)
This course is facilitated by ITANZ in association with IMPAC Services Ltd which is a NZQA registered and accredited PTE.
ITANZ is a NZQA approved sub-contractor of IMPAC Services Ltd for the delivery and assessment of NZQA unit standard 30596. IMPAC Services Ltd reports the credits to NZQA.