Asbestos Awareness Online
Asbestos Awareness Training for Workplaces, Trades, and Individuals
This online asbestos awareness course is designed to provide an introduction into asbestos hazard and risk management. The course is delivered online using an interactive learning portal.
Asbestos awareness training is great for reducing the amount of harm caused to those who may be exposed to asbestos-containing materials. The first step to minimising the risks posed with working with or around asbestos is being asbestos aware. This means knowing what materials could potentially contain asbestos, what it is that makes asbestos hazardous to human health, and ways that you can work safely with or around asbestos-containing materials without causing harm to yourself or those around you.
This online asbestos awareness course provides a great foundation level of knowledge for anyone undertaking work involving asbestos.
This course includes the following topics:
- History and introduction to asbestos
- Asbestos-related health effects
- Common products containing asbestos
- New Zealand Legislation and Regulations applicable to asbestos handling and removal
- Identification, assessment and control of asbestos in buildings
- Safe working procedures including the correct wearing, maintenance and use of PPE/RPE
- Decontamination procedures
$70.00 including GST
When you have worked through the online course materials you must sit an assessment to complete the course. The assessment is multiple choice. You may retake the test if you don’t pass the first time.
When you have passed the assessment, you will be awarded a course completion certificate that you can download and print.