NZQA A Class Friable Asbestos Removal Training
NZQA Unit Standard 29766
This A Class friable asbestos removal training course aims to provide practical knowledge and techniques for the removal of A Class friable asbestos and asbestos-containing materials. The unit includes preparing, enclosing and removing friable ACM, and includes knowledge of decontamination and disposal requirements. Participants of this course gain NZQA Unit Standard 29766 upon successful completion. This course also covers the ARCP, SWMS Safe Working Method Statements (JSA) and other Health and Safety Risks associated with Asbestos Removals.
Training is available in Auckland (St Johns), Christchurch (Middleton) and Wellington (Petone). Fibresafe NZ can also deliver in-house training by appointment.
Price & Duration
$608.70 per person, excluding GST
1 Day 8:00am – 4:30pm
Upon successful completion of this course students should:
- Have a clear understanding of the documentation required to carry out A Class Asbestos Removal, including Asbestos Removal Control Plans (ARCP), Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and other Health and Safety Risks associated with asbestos removal.
- Have the skills required to prepare the work site and work area for the removal of asbestos.
- Understand the decontamination process
- Understand the requirements of asbestos enclosures specifically for A Class work
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with New Zealand regulatory requirements
A White Card (Australia), SiteSafe (New Zealand), ConstructSafe Identification must be shown or provided at time of booking the A Class removal course unless arrangement is made.
Certification cannot be issued to anyone who does not provide these requirements.
The A Class asbestos removal course includes the following assessments:
- A guided written assessment.
- Practical assessment in our purpose-built simulation unit.