A Class Friable Asbestos Removal Training
This course aims to provide practical knowledge and techniques for the removal of A Class friable asbestos and asbestos-containing materials. The unit includes preparing, enclosing and removing friable ACM, and includes knowledge of decontamination and disposal requirements. This unit of competency – Remove Friable Asbestos (A-Class) – CPCCDE3015A is recognised by Skills Organisation and WorkSafe New Zealand as equivalent in knowledge and skills to the NZ Unit Standard 29766. This course also covers the ARCP, SWMS Safe Working Method Statements (JSA) and other Health and Safety Risks associated with Asbestos Removals.standard 29766.
Training is available in Auckland (St Johns), Christchurch (Middleton) and Wellington (Petone). Fibresafe NZ can also deliver in-house training by appointment.
Upon successful completion of this course students should:
- Have a clear understanding of the documentation required to carry out A Class Asbestos Removal, including Asbestos Removal Control Plans (ARCP), Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and other Health and Safety Risks associated with asbestos removal.
- Have the skills required to prepare the work site and work area for the removal of asbestos.
- Understand the decontamination process
- Understand the requirements of asbestos enclosures
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with New Zealand regulatory requirements
The White Card (Australia), SiteSafe (New Zealand), or other similar proprietary health and safety induction certification recognised in New Zealand; or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skills in health and safety in the construction industry.
All participants should bring with them a drivers license, and copy of certification mentioned.
- A written test combining multi-choice, true/false questions and some written answers.
- Practical assessment in our purpose-built simulation unit.
Price & Duration
$608.70 per person, excluding GST
2 Days 8:30am – 4:30pm